Are you a good person? What does being a good person mean to you? Why do you want to be a good person? These are just a few questions brought up during this discussion between Melektoth and Elinara. Join our hosts as they peel back layers upon layers of psychological conditioning and society’s selfish nature. Melektoth shares some interesting examples of selfish behaviour hidden beneath the surface of kind gestures, and Elinara shares her perspectives on sacrifice and happiness. This episode will shift the way you think about being a good and selfless human being. It won’t change who you are, but how you see yourself. This is the next step in your Dark Ascent.
In This Episode
- Is selfishness really a bad thing?
- A story of a “selfish” child, and the conditioning we receive from a young age.
- What happens when you start questioning fables
- Does everything you do have an underlying selfish motive?
- Is wanting someone to love you back a selfish desire?
- Melektoth’s musical mentor, and the only compliment she ever paid him
- The selfless song and dance, and trying to stand against the flood
- There’s no need for sacrifice or compromise
“There seems to be this near universal taboo against selfishness”
“That’s really what we’re here to do in general is just to question what we’re doing. To question the beliefs that we have”
“Where does it come from?”
“An unexamined life isn’t worth living”
“What does it mean to be a good person?”
“Selflessness is a lie that we tell ourselves in order to feel better about ourselves”
“Everyone you come into contact with is selfish”
Join the Circle of Darkness
7 Steps to Becoming a God
Download my free checklist that will guide you through the steps to becoming the creator of your reality.